e
m
P
t
Y
Tried to take a picture; Of love
I wanna fill this new frame; But it's Empty
KAINE :D
281093's the number
and that's all!
I wanna fill this new frame; But it's Empty
{/profile --
ramblings of a really random boy
KAINE :D
281093's the number
and that's all!
Tried to write a letter; In ink
I've got a piece of paper; But it's Empty
well it's a bad sign that I feel like I've forgotten most of what I've struggled so hard to study.
I'm gonna have to relearn them, and I'm supposed to revise not relearn.
sigh.
it seems many people are studying during this period
but not me at least
haha
I really don't see any point in studying all the time
to be honest, is the syllabus really that much that you need to spend every single second?
or are you really that intellectually challenged?
if you've studied for the prelims, I think that you should be at least 70% prepared?
at least?
if you're scrambling to study now, then I'm just speechless.
why does it seem that many have the misconception that more study results in more marks
like they always say, everything in moderation
why does nobody think that play and rest have an integral role in their academics?
if it was as simple as memorising your textbooks and doing the TYS 100 times over,
everybody who puts in hard work is assured of 6 points
but it doesn't work that way
it's my personal belief that the quality of study greatly outweighs the quantity of study
learning, after all, is not a process that you have much control over
as much as you'd like to think you do
it's just like any other thing. much of it happens when we are not studying, rather than when we are studying.
well, you can doubt me but it's an undeniable fact that "growth", be it in a physical form or a mental process, happens when we are not doing it
take a small kid for example
if you leave the kid somewhere for 10 years, 10 years later when you return he's like whoa, 1 metre taller (obviously provided with food, water and air)
but if you don't give the kid time, and you keep feeding the kid milk, (just an example, I know height is not dependent on calcium), do you think even if I give you a year and you let the kid drink a 100 glasses a day, that there would be much difference.
that aside, why do many choose quantity over quality?
a lot of people's "study", as I have observed, is 60% distraction and 40% work
so they can go like, "i've studied 5 hours today!"
but someone who studied 2 focused hours probably completed the same work, with time to spare.
while an extended period of time gives us a sense of achievement, what use is it if it does not propel us towards our goal?
so if learning really happens during the "non-studying" period, as I mentioned, why do people force in hours?
I mean, the syllabus really isn't that much.
for each chapter, (for sciences and maths at least), there are only 2 or 3 underlying concepts.
if you get it, you get it.
if you're still not convinced, go think why a person who's been doing consistent work usually does better than one who crams in the same information but at the last minute.
it's simply because he has the benefit of time.
time is money. do you think random ancient people came up with that adage for nothing?
I'm not trying to discourage studying, but at least, give your mind a break.
you might think that you can survive this, but you're only human. (no pun intended)
optimal performance is a result of many factors, not work done alone. (while it may be the most important factor)
SO, PEOPLE WHO'VE BEEN STUDYING, JUST TAKE A BREAK.
STOP FEELING GUILTY CAUSE IT PROBABLY ACTUALLY HELPS.
I really want to be content with whatever I'm gonna get
but I already know that I won't be.. not unless it's..
):
I've got a piece of paper; But it's Empty
{/ --
Thursday, September 17, 2009 ( 3:49 PM )
well it's a bad sign that I feel like I've forgotten most of what I've struggled so hard to study.
I'm gonna have to relearn them, and I'm supposed to revise not relearn.
sigh.
it seems many people are studying during this period
but not me at least
haha
I really don't see any point in studying all the time
to be honest, is the syllabus really that much that you need to spend every single second?
or are you really that intellectually challenged?
if you've studied for the prelims, I think that you should be at least 70% prepared?
at least?
if you're scrambling to study now, then I'm just speechless.
why does it seem that many have the misconception that more study results in more marks
like they always say, everything in moderation
why does nobody think that play and rest have an integral role in their academics?
if it was as simple as memorising your textbooks and doing the TYS 100 times over,
everybody who puts in hard work is assured of 6 points
but it doesn't work that way
it's my personal belief that the quality of study greatly outweighs the quantity of study
learning, after all, is not a process that you have much control over
as much as you'd like to think you do
it's just like any other thing. much of it happens when we are not studying, rather than when we are studying.
well, you can doubt me but it's an undeniable fact that "growth", be it in a physical form or a mental process, happens when we are not doing it
take a small kid for example
if you leave the kid somewhere for 10 years, 10 years later when you return he's like whoa, 1 metre taller (obviously provided with food, water and air)
but if you don't give the kid time, and you keep feeding the kid milk, (just an example, I know height is not dependent on calcium), do you think even if I give you a year and you let the kid drink a 100 glasses a day, that there would be much difference.
that aside, why do many choose quantity over quality?
a lot of people's "study", as I have observed, is 60% distraction and 40% work
so they can go like, "i've studied 5 hours today!"
but someone who studied 2 focused hours probably completed the same work, with time to spare.
while an extended period of time gives us a sense of achievement, what use is it if it does not propel us towards our goal?
so if learning really happens during the "non-studying" period, as I mentioned, why do people force in hours?
I mean, the syllabus really isn't that much.
for each chapter, (for sciences and maths at least), there are only 2 or 3 underlying concepts.
if you get it, you get it.
if you're still not convinced, go think why a person who's been doing consistent work usually does better than one who crams in the same information but at the last minute.
it's simply because he has the benefit of time.
time is money. do you think random ancient people came up with that adage for nothing?
I'm not trying to discourage studying, but at least, give your mind a break.
you might think that you can survive this, but you're only human. (no pun intended)
optimal performance is a result of many factors, not work done alone. (while it may be the most important factor)
SO, PEOPLE WHO'VE BEEN STUDYING, JUST TAKE A BREAK.
STOP FEELING GUILTY CAUSE IT PROBABLY ACTUALLY HELPS.
I really want to be content with whatever I'm gonna get
but I already know that I won't be.. not unless it's..
):
If we; Should be getting under
These sheets; We could lie in this bed; But it's Empty
These sheets; We could lie in this bed; But it's Empty
{/tagboard --
I think they call it freedom of speech
Maybe we're trying
Trying too hard; Maybe we're torn apart
Afi| Bryan| Danial | Jia Chen | Jj| Jonathan| Ming Jun| Rei-En | Sebastian| Weiqing| Wei Xuan| Weng Lok | Xinyi| Yufan
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
designer DancingSheep
Trying too hard; Maybe we're torn apart
{/links --
ctrl + left click
Afi| Bryan| Danial | Jia Chen | Jj| Jonathan| Ming Jun| Rei-En | Sebastian| Weiqing| Wei Xuan| Weng Lok | Xinyi| Yufan
{/archives --
watch me waste my life away
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
{/credits --
designer DancingSheep
Maybe the timing
Is beating our hearts; We're Empty
now playing
empty
Is beating our hearts; We're Empty
{/miscellaneous --
lalala
now playing
empty